Go all access with us at Tim O’Reilly’s home, as he graciously opens his doors to ValleyZen.
Join us in an exclusive video experience where twisting country backroads lead to the home of the Founder & CEO of O’Reilly Media.
ValleyZen was invited to O’Reilly’s Sebastopol dwelling which is nestled on 6 acres of farmland–far from Silicon Valley hustle and bustle, and tucked between California earth and sky. Also check out our Tim O’Reilly photo set on flickr here.
O’Reilly is candid, open and relaxed, taking us on a tour of his home, his kitchen, and even his treehouse. This video is filled with action, movement, and satori!
The trailer below shows a few minutes of highlights taken from footage shot over the course of an entire morning.
Every Monday for the next several weeks we will release another Tim O’Reilly interview episode. Stay tuned!!
Tim O’Reilly Video Interview — Don’t Miss Tim…
- Taking us up his 20 year-old Eucalyptus treehouse
- Baking goat-butter scones on camera — (A video debut)
- Revealing his jam-making hacks
- Telling us his “secret ingredient”
- Quoting Lao Tzu on qualities of the wise man
- On how to find the right moment
- On when to await what’s next vs. do nothing
- On the importance of letting go and forgetting what you know
- On Splitting his own wood for his country home
- On how to surpass your “pedestrian conscious mind”
- “A Lesson in Time” — Showing us a mystery plant that is growing like crazy and taking over.
- On Zen negative space and Open source software
- Sharing his insights on simplicity
- Giving his “ValleyZen” quote