Step inside William H. Draper III’s James Bond-like San Francisco office. Bill Draper is one of the West Coast’s first venture capitalists, starting his VC career in 1962. He was founder of Sutter Hill Ventures and led it for 20 years. In the eighties, he served in diplomatic positions such as head of the Export-Import Bank and chief of the United Nations Development Program. Currently, he is the General Partner of Draper Richards and Director of the Draper Richards Foundation. ValleyZen interviewed his son Tim Draper in 4 episodes. All great epics have their prequel. So…
Episode 1 highlights include:
- Bill on Breakthrough Simplicity
- Bill unleashes his silver “Samurai Sword”
- Bill is the real 007. Dr. Yes reveals topsecret technology!
- Swordplay with Dr. Yes?
- Bill shares how he spots talent and potential early on.
- Bridge Zen overlooking Bill’s breath-taking view of San Francisco
- Bill talks about his VC son, Tim Draper
The ValleyZen video is here or embedded below–>
Tune in next week for EPISODE 2 of the Bill Draper interview where he takes us on a car ride!
Bill Fenwick & Drue Kataoka